This is a recipe that will make happy all carnivorous people who cannot live without meat. I cannot count how many times I heard from my dad or my boyfriend that the soup I prepared is quite tasty “but where is the meat!?”.
A cup of this delicious soup, made with veggies, millet and beef, is a perfect dinner solution (and it is super easy to prepare!).
For a 3 liter soup:
♥ 1 big zucchini
♥ 3 medium carrots
♥ 1 leek
♥ one cup of millet
♥ 3 tablespoons olive oil
♥ salt to taste
♥ 350g minced beef
♥ 1 egg
♥ 3 tablespoons of bread crumbs (or flour)
♥ 1/2 red paprika
♥ 1/2 teaspoon salt
♥ 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
to serve with:
♥ fresh chives
1. Start with meat balls. In a ball mix minced meat with egg, bread crumbs, chopped paprika, salt and pepper.
2. Form little (around 2-3cm) balls. Put them aside.
3. In a big pot (more than 3 litter) put the olive oil and heat up. Shortly (1-2min) sear the thinly sliced leek (only the white and light green part).
4. Add sliced carrots and zucchini. Fill the pot with water to have 3 litter in total. Add millet.
5. Bring everything to a boil and add meatballs. Cook over a medium heat for 40min.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot, sprinkled with fresh chives. Enjoy ♥