I took something very similar as an entree in one of Parisiens restaurants. If you like eggplant, you will love this dip! It is light, healthy and delicious! I like it the most with simple bread toasts. Perfect for a movie evening with friends!
For an around 400mL bowl of dip ypu will need:
♥ 2 aubergines
♥ olive oil
♥ 2 spoons sesame paste (or to do it from scratch: a cup of sesame seeds and 1/2 cup olive oil)
♥ 1/2 cumin powder
♥ 1/2 lemon
♥ salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Cut the Eggplants longways and do diagonal incisions (so olive oil can penetrate it easily).
2. Generously sprinkle with olive oil and add salt and pepper. Wrap it in aluminium foil and bake at 180′C for around 1h.
3. If you want to prepare your sesame paste from scratch you can do it while the eggplants are in the oven. You just need to blend the sesame seeds with olive oil (in proportion 2:1) long enough so it gets smooth.
4. You will only need 2 spoons of this sesame paste. The remaining portion you can conserve in the fridge for quite long.
5. When eggplants are done, using a spoon, remove the inner part and put it into blender.
6. Add 2 spoons of sesame paste, cumin powder and lemon juice. Blend everything together.
7. The dip is the best served cooled down. While it is seating in the fridge you can prepare your toasts. Last time I made little bread hearts