Millet & Oatmeal Pancakes (Gluten Free)
Since I’m trying out a gluten free diet I miss sometimes some of my favorite flour dishes such as Cinnamon Rolls or Pancakes. I was really thrilled to find out that the latter are still delicious gluten free! Actually, for both of us, this version tastes even better the the original one. The only ingredients are millet, oatmeal and egg. That’s it! No need for baking soda.
For 2-3 portions (around 6 pancakes) you will need:
♥ 300g of cooked millet (pl. kasza jaglana, de. hirse) – it’s around 150g of dry one
♥ 6 tablespoons oatmeal
♥ 3 eggs
♥ 1 tablespoon agave syrup (or sugar)
♥ 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
♥ Rapeseed oil & a bit of butter for frying
♥ Maple syrup & fresh fruits (to serve with)
1. Cook the millet as indicated on the package. It is really simple. For one volume of dry millet add 2 volumes of water and cook on medium heat until all water absorbed (stir time to time). After the cooking mix them with the cinnamon.
2. Ground the oatmeal. I use my coffee mill in this purpose but a mortar should also do the work.
3. Combine the cooked millet, ground oatmeal with the egg and agave syrup and blend it shortly.
4. Heat up the oil in the frying pan. I like the most to use the rapeseed oil with a bit of butter (for 1 tablespoon of rapeseed oil I put 1 teaspoon of butter). Instead, you can use the rapeseed oil alone or replace it with olive oil. Avoid the use of sunflower oil (health reasons). Fry on both sides on quite high heat. It should get golden brown.
5. Serve it still hot with Fresh Fruits and Maple Syrup. Enjoy ♥