Angel Winngs (VIDEO)
Angel wings (or Faworki as we call them in Poland) are those very light and crispy pastries which are a perfect sweet snack to serve during carnival. Check out a Video below for method ♥
Here is a traditional Polish recipe: 🙂
♥ 200g flour
♥ 3 yellow eggs
♥ 3 tablespoons of sour cream
♥ 1 spoon ofstrong alcohol (such us Cognac)
♥ Icing sugar
♥ Canola oil (at least 2 liters)
1. I start by combining all the ingredients. Once the dough is smooth, I cover it and leave at room temperature for at least 30min. After this time the dough will be more elastic.
2. Next I knead the dough for another 5min (or more if you have enough strength!).
3. Now I roll out the dough into a very thin layer. Traditionally it is done with a rolling pin but I find it is much easier to use a pasta machine!
4. Using a knife or a pizza cutter I make rectangles. Then I do little incision in each and put one corner inside and out to form a little bow.
5. Now it’s time to fry our Angel Wings. Make sure you use a large volume of oil (this will prevent fat absorption!). The ideal temperature is between 180°C-190°C. At this temperature, Angel Wings will only need 30sec on each side. Once golden, I quickly remove them and put them on a paper towel to remove the extra oil.
6. I serve them sprinkled with a tone of icing sugar ♥