Preparation of this Chinese Wok is always a huge pleasure! Vegetables & spices look and smell wonderfully! It is also a very healthy dish. This time we opted for a combination of our favorite green vegetables with the pork tenderloin. You could, however, use other ingredients such as carrots, mushrooms, paprika. Free your imagination!
Preparation time: Marinate Overnight + 40min
You will need a wok (or a large frying pan) with a lid
You can serve this dish with the stir-fried noodles and bean sprouts.
Here what you need for 4 generous portions:
♥ 500g pork tenderloin (or chicken breast)
♥ 10 spring onions (the green part)
♥ 1 leek (white part)
♥ 250g of snow peas
♥ 5 okra pods
♥ 250g bean sprouts
♥ 250g baby corn
♥ 50g cashew nuts
♥ 1 clove of garlic
♥ 4 tablespoons sesame oil
♥ 4 tablespoons soy sauce
♥ 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (chili-based sauce)
The Secret Spice Mix:
♥ 1 teaspoon lemon grass
♥ 1 teaspoon curry
♥ 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
♥ 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
♥ 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
♥ 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
1. The evening before (or at least 4h): Slice meat into thin (0,5cm) slices. Mix it in a bowl with the sesame oil, soy sauce, chopped garlic and sambal oelek. Leave it in the fridge to marinate over night.
2. Put the meat on the hot frying-pan (no need to add any additional fat because the meat has been marinated with the sesame oil). Sear it until there is no raw meat visible.
3. Add vegetables starting by the most tough one (they will need longer time to cook). We started with snow peas, sliced okra and baby corn. Then, 3min later, we added thinly sliced leek and spring onions.
4. Add the spice mix and stir. When snow peas get softer it is time to finish up the cooking.
5. Add roasted cashew nuts & bean sprouts. Quickly mix it. Cover the wok and immediately remove from the hot stove. It is ready to be served in about 5min. Enjoy ♥