Vegetable Rolls (VIDEO)
Are you running out of ideas how to prepare your vegetables? Then you should try these cute, fancy-looking rolls baked with bechamel sauce. They are healthy and delicious. Not difficult at all. In a contrary, making them is a lot of fun ♥
Check out my VIDEO for detailed instructions ♥
For 6 rolls you will need:
♥ 2 courgettes (1 green, 1 yellow)
♥ 2 carrots
♥ 2 purple carrots
♥ spinach leaves (chard leaves works also very well here!)
♥ feta cheese (mozarella is ok too)
♥ 1 tablespoon (15g) butter
♥ 1 tablespoon (10g) flour
♥ 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
♥ 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
♥ 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Slice your courgettes and carrots into thin slices. You can use a peeler.
2. Blanch your sliced vegetables and spinach leaves: put them to a boiling water for 1-2min. They will become much softer, which will make rolling easier!
3. Now, let’s roll! 🙂 Put layers of sliced vegetables and spinach into a form of a long rectangle (3-4cm large and 25-30cm long). On one of the ends put 1 or 2 little cubes of feta cheese.
4. Place a vegetable roll in a muffin form. I use the silicon one (if you don’t have these, use some baking paper to prevent sticking of the vegetables to the form).
5. Follow THESE INSTRUCTIONS to prepare the béchamel sauce. Distribute the sauce over all 6 vegetable rolls.
6. Bake at 180’C for around 15 minutes (until the béchamel sauce gets a little bit browner). Enjoy ♥