Vegetable rolls with Béchamel sauce
Are you running out of ideas how to prepare your vegetables? Here is one we had recently and it came up to be fun and delicious!
You will need to roll thin slices of vegetables and bake them with simple béchamel sauce in a muffin form. 🙂
Not difficult at all. In a contrary, lots of fun! 🙂
For 6 rolls you will need:
♥ 2 courgettes
♥ 2 carrots
♥ 6 bigger spinach leaves (chard leaves works also very well here!)
♥ 6-12 little cubes of feta cheese
♥ 1 spoon of butter
♥ 1 spoon of flour
♥ 150ml milk
♥ 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
♥ pinch of salt (optional, I do not add any because the feta cheese is already salty)
1. Slice your courgettes and carrots into thin slices. You can use a peeler.
2. Blanch your sliced vegetables and spinach leaves: put them to a boiling water for 1-2min. They will become much softer, which will make rolling easier!
3. Now, let’s roll! 🙂 Put layers of sliced vegetables and spinach into a form of a long rectangle (3-4cm large and 25-30cm long). On one of the ends put 1 or 2 little cubes of feta cheese.
4. Place a vegetable roll in a muffin form. I use the silicon one (if you don’t have these, use some baking paper to prevent sticking of the vegetables to the form).
5. Follow THESE INSTRUCTIONS to prepare the béchamel sauce. Distribute the sauce over all 6 vegetable rolls.
6. Bake at 180’C for around 20-25min (until the béchamel sauce get a little bit browner). Enjoy♥