When you are starving but don’t have time to cook a simple pasta is my favorite option. There are pasta sauces that you can prepare when the pasta is cooking. An example is the tuna pasta I presented earlier. Today I would like to present you even simpler one. You will just need cream and ham and it takes 20 minutes (pasta cooking included!).
For 2 generous portions (or 3 normal):
♥ 2 cups pasta (eg. pene)
♥ 400ml cream (eg. 30% fat)
♥ 200g ham
♥ salt to taste
♥ 1/2 teaspoon pepper
♥ 1 flat teaspoon cornstarch + 2 tablespoons water (optional, if you want the cream thicker)
♥ parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
1. Put the water for pasta to boil, salt it a bit and add pasta. Follow the instructions on your package.
2. Pour cream into a deep frying pan and bring to boil. Add salt, pepper. Keep cooking for 5-7min, while stirring all the time, in order to reduce it a little bit (= evaporate an excess of water).
3. If you like the sauce even thicker you might mix cornstarch with some cold water and add it to the cream (while stirring all the time).
4. Add ham and mix everything well.
5. Mix with pasta and it’s ready! You might serve it with some parmesan cheese if you feel like.
This simple sauce will be good with any of you favorite pasta!