I love walnuts. I put them almost everywhere: morning cereals, desserts, salads etc. Since quite some time I have been thinking about creating extreme walnut cookies. And voila, here they are! I used my Polish recipe for christmas honey-cookies where I replaced some of the flour with walnuts powder. I also used here a cream that is made almost only with walnuts!
You will need:
♥ 1/2 cup honey (150g)
♥ 50g butter
♥ 1 tablespoon brown sugar
♥ 170g (+ 30g if needed) flour
♥ 4 tablespoons (50g) walnuts
♥ 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
♥ 1 egg yellow
♥ 100g walnuts
♥ 30g butter
♥ 2 teaspoons brown sugar
1. In a saucepan melt butter with sugar and honey.
2. Blend walnuts to get thin pieces.
3. In a big bowl mix flour, baking soda, sugar, blended walnuts and egg yellow.
4. Add melted honey with butter.
5. Knead the dough. It will be very soft but it is normal. Leave it for 15-30min it will get less soft.
6. Divide the dough into 3 portions. Flour the surface where you will be working and roll out the first part. It should be as thin as possible Cutting cookies forms in a very thin dough is more difficult as it is very soft and quite sticky. You might add a little bit more flour to make the dough more resistant but the cookies are the best made with minimum amount of flour.
7. Bake at 180′C for around 15min. The cookies will get golden brown.
8. While the cookies are in the oven and later when they are cooling down you have just enough time to do the cream!
You will need to keep blending walnuts until they will turn into paste. First blending will form little pieces but after a moment they will start to stick together to form in the and peanut butter-like cream.
9. When your walnut paste is ready add butter and brown sugar. Mix (blend) well all together and it’s ready!
10. Decorate your cookies with the walnut cream.