Polish Vodka Apple Jelly Boats
Polish Zubrowka also called Bison Grass Vodka is often served with apple juice. Here I would like to present you an idea for Zubrowka jelly shots with apple. It works well at summer parties. For Adults Only! 😉
For 2 apples (medium size) you will need around 200ml of the liquid:
♥ 150ml apple juice (no sugar added)
♥ 50ml Zubrowka vodka
♥ 4g gelatine (4 sheets of 1g)+ 2 tablespoons of boiling water
♥ mint leaves for decoration
♥ juice from 1/2 lemon
1. Mix juice with vodka.
2. Leave the gelatine in cold water for 5 min. It will become elastic. Then transfer it to another cup and add 2 table spoons of boiling water. It should dissolve very easily. Add it to the vodka/juice mix and stir it well.
3. Cut the apple into 2 and using a teaspoon remove its inside part. You can cut a little piece from the back so the apple stands straight.
4. “Wash” the apple with lemon juice. This will prevent the apple from getting dark.
5. Fill the apples with the vodka mix. It is smart to fill only a half and fill it up already when in the fridge- it is much easier to transport the apples to the fridge. Let it set overnight (or prepare in the morning for the evening).
7. Once the jelly is set slice the apple into pieces. I cut each half into 3-4 parts. After slicing it don’t forget to wash the edges with some lemon juice.
8. Using a toothpick and a mint leave do a “sail” for your little boats.