Quick Fruit Pie
These last months I was very busy writing my doctoral dissertation and looking for a new laboratory I would like to work in. I didn’t have much time for the experiments in my kitchen. However, during this busy time I brought to perfection a new recipe for an ultra quick pie. I use fruits from a jar so the only work to is to combine all the ingredients for the dough. The pie comes out crispy & delicious. I love it with my morning coffee!
For a small pie (25 x 25cm and 1.5cm deep) you will need:
♥ 250g / 8.8 oz flour
♥ 1,5 teaspoon baking powder
♥ 75g / 2.6 oz butter
♥ 1 egg
♥ 1 egg yolk
♥ 30g / 1 oz / 2 tablespoons sugar
♥ 2 tablespoons cream (>30% fat)
♥ lemons zest from 1/2 lemon
♥ 1 teaspoon cinnamon
♥ Fruit pure (around 700-800g / 500ml / 26 oz) without sugar added or low sugar
Preparation time: 20min + 30min in the oven
1. Mix all the ingredients and knead the dough. It will be quite soft and not too sticky.
2. Separate the dough into 2 pieces: 2/3 one and 1/3 one. Roll out the bigger piece into thin layer (around 0.5cm thick). Put it inside the baking form. It should not only cover the bottom but also the sides (like on a picture below). This will be the base of our cake.
3. Fill it with the fruit pure. I used 600g peach (compote Bonne Mamman) and 150g apple (no sugar added). The fruits should form a layer of 1cm. Sprinkle everything with some cinnamon.
4. Roll out the remaining dough (make it even thinner than 0.5cm) and cut out stripes of it. Put them on the top of the cake (see one of the pictures below).
5. Bake at 180’C for around 30min. Until the top gets golden brown. I usually serve it directly warm from the oven. But when it cools down it is less liquid and much easier to serve. Enjoy ♥