Vegan Carrot Cake (VIDEO)
This cake can be easily considered healthy. It is not only made with a tone of carrots but it’s actualy vegan! If I didn’t know I wouldn’t noticed it is made without eggs! The frosting on the other hand is clearly cream cheese-free. But in my opinion, by tasting nutty and light it complements this carrot cake even better than the traditional heavy topping.
For detailed instructions check out my VIDEO ♥
♥ 300g grated carrot
♥ 300g all purpose flour
♥ 150g brown sugar
♥ 225ml canola oil
♥ 3 tablespoons flax seeds
♥ 1,5 teaspoon baking powder
♥ 1,5 teaspoon cinnamon
♥ 1 teaspoon ginger powder
♥ 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
♥ 1/2 teaspoon salt
Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting:
♥ 100g cashew nuts – they need to be soaked overnight
♥ 1/3 cup plant milk (such as cashew or almond milk)
♥ 2 tbs marple syrup
♥ 2 tbs lemon juice
The recipe comes form Polish Book by Marta Dymek “Jadlonomia”. I modified the ingredients only a bit (reduced sugar and salt, and replaced agava syrup with maple syrup)
1. Grate the carrots.
2. Grind or crush flax seeds and cover them with warm water for few minutes.
3. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C. In a big bowl combine the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, spices and salt.
4. In another bowl mix drained flax seeds, canola oil, sugar and grated carrots.
5. Add wet ingredients into the bowl with dry ingredients and gently combine only until there is no more dry flour visible (do not mix it long)
6. Transfer the cake into oven proof dish and bake for 40-45min at 180°C
7. To make the Vegan frosting cover cashew nuts with some cold water and let them soak in the fridge overnight. The next day, drain the nuts and add to a blender. Add plant milk, maple syrup and lemon juice and blend until smooth.
8. Top the carrot cake with the frosting once it cooles down. Enjoy ♥