“Dutch Baby”: Oven Baked Pancake (VIDEO)
This beautiful puffy pancake is incredibly easy and quick to make. It’s a great treat for a lazy brunch! Decorated with berries it looks truely impressive!
♥ 1/2 cup (65g) flour
♥ 2/3 cup (160ml) milk
♥ 3 eggs
♥ 1 tablespoon sugar (I used homemade vanilla suagar)
♥ pinch of salt
♥ 2 tablespoons clarified butter (or canola oil)
Serve with: berries and icing sugar
- Start by preheating the oven with an empty cast iron skillet* to 220°C
* I’ve previously tried to make it using a simple oven-proof dish and the pancake was still very nice (less puffy than when made inside a cast iron pan)
- Prepare the batter: whisk eggs with sugar and salt. Add flour and stir until obtaining smooth paste. Add milk and mix it again.
- Carefully, remove the preheated cast iron pan from the oven and place on the stove on a high heat. Coat it with clarified butter (make sure you also get it on the sides of the skillet).
- Quickly pour the batter in and put it all back to the oven.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until it is puffy and golden brown.
- Serve decorated with icing sugar and fresh berries.