Puffy Pancake with Asparagus & Parmesan (VIDEO)
After sharing with you a recipe for the classical Dutch Baby Pancake with Berries it’s time for its savory version: with Asparagus and Parmesan cheese ♥ Again, I’m sure you will be surprised how easy and quick it is to make. This puffy beauty is great as a highlight of a Sunday brunch or as a quick family dinner. Watch my VIDEO for detailed instructions.
My cast iron is 26cm and you can buy it HERE
♥ 1/2 cup (65g) flour
♥ 2/3 cup (160ml) milk
♥ 3 eggs
♥ 300g green asparagus
♥ 20g Parmesan cheese
♥ pinch of flaky salt
♥ 2 tablespoons clarified butter (or canola oil)
- Start by preheating the oven with an empty cast iron skillet to 220°C
- Prepare the batter: whisk eggs with salt. Add flour and stir until obtaining smooth paste. Add milk and mix it again.
- Add chopped asparagus (keep the heads to serve as a side) and grated parmesan cheese. Stir once more.
- Carefully, remove the preheated cast iron pan from the oven and place on the stove on a high heat. Coat it with clarified butter (make sure you also get it on the sides of the skillet).
- Quickly pour the batter in and put it all back to the oven.
- Bake for around 15 minutes or until it is puffy and golden brown.
- While it is baking you can prepare the asparagus heads. I simply fry them on a high heat with a bit of clarified butter or olive oil. I do it only for 2-3min so they are still crispy. In the end I season it with a pinch of flaky salt.
- Serve sprinkled with some extra parmesan cheese and with the heads of asparagus