Zesty Miso with Roasted Vegetables (Video)
This slightly spicy Miso Broth with lime is full of flavour. It is great for a quick lunch or dinner.
Watch my VIDEO for detailed instructions ♥
Quantities for 2 portions:
♥ 1 tbs miso paste
♥ 2 tsp soy sauce
♥ 1 tsp chili paste (I used sambal oelek)
♥ 1 clove garlic
♥ 1cm fresh ginger (or 1 tsp powdered)
♥ 1/2 lime (zest and juice)
♥ 2 cups water
♥ Handful oyster mushrooms
♥ Handful broccoli florets Oven roasted veggies:
♥ cherry tomatoes
♥ 1-2 red/ yellow paprika
♥ 1/2 zucchini
♥ 1/2 red onion
♥ Salt, canola oil (or any other neutral oil)
♥ Serve with rice
- Start by chopping veggies which you would like to roast. Sprinkle them with some oil (I used canola oil) and salt and put into the oven at 180°C for about 15 minutes
- Next prapare the rice. While it is cooking you will have enough time to prepare the miso broth. I estimate 1/3 cup of dry rice per person. And to cook it I add 2 volumes of (salted!) water for each volume of rice (so to cook 1 cup of rice I add 2 cups of water). And I let it cook under cover on a low heat.
- To prepare the broth Mix the miso paste with chili paste, soy sauce, grated ginger, finely choped clove of garlic and zest and juice form half a lime. Add a couple of tablespoons of cold water and mix it well.
- In a wok (or frying pan) sear mushrooms until they start to brown. Add the miso mixture and let it fry for another minute. Add broccoli and and mix a bit. Cover with 2 cups of water and let it simmer for about 10 minutes (until broccoli is softer).
- Servethe broth over rice with roasted veggies ♥