This cake works every time. It is moist and smells like heaven! All you need to do, is to mix all the ingredients and bake the cake. No need for the baking powder nor the artificial aromas.
For a round (23cm in diameter) form:
♥ 75g butter, soft (at room temperature)
♥ 3 eggs
♥ 160g ground almonds
♥ 100g sugar
♥ 2 tablespoons of homemade vanilla sugar
♥ 45g flour (replace with cornstarch for a gluten free version)
♥ Juice from 1 lemon
♥ Icing sugar (optional, for decoration)
Preparation time: 45min (with baking)
1. Using a spoon or a robot combine the butter & sugar.
2. Add ground almonds, eggs, lemon juice and flour.
3. Stir everything well (you might use a kitchen robot).
4. Prepare a baking dish: smear the butter on its walls and put a sheet of baking paper on the bottom
5. Pour the cake batter into the baking form, decorate with strawberries and Bake at 180′C for around 30min.