Mac & Cheese with Broccoli
I have already presented you the lighter version of the Mac & Cheese made with Bechamel sauce. Here is a delicious variation of this dish: Mac & Cheese with broccoli.
For around 4 portions you will need:
♥ 500g broccoli
♥ 2 cups (500ml) uncooked macaroni pasta
♥ 150g cheddar cheese (or 100g of processed cheddar cheese- see picture under point 3.) ♥ 2 tablespoons butter
♥ 2 tablespoons flour
♥ 350mL milk
♥ 1 teaspoon paprika/chili powder
♥ 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
1. Cook the pasta in salted water. Cook broccoli in a steamer (if you dont have a steamer you might also do it in lightly salted water).
2. Follow THESE INSTRUCTIONS to prepare the béchamel sauce (use the double amount of ingredients: 2 tablespoons of butter and flour, and 350ml milk).
3. Now add grated cheddar cheese and melt it in the hot bechamel sauce.
4. Add paprika powder.
5. Fry cooked broccoli on a hot frying pan with some olive oil. It should take 2-3min.
6. Add broccolis and noodles. It’s ready!