Yogurt Cake with Pears and Orange Zest
Soft and deliciously aromatic. This simple combination of fluffy orange cake with sweet pears and sprinkled with icing sugar & cinnamon is just perfect for a Autumn or Winter afternoon snack! It tastes the best still warm with a cup of coffee!
I especially recommend it for a lazy day when you don’t want to work too much. It will make your home smell beautifully!
Cooking this cake will give you especially few dishes to clean as you will measure all ingredients in the yogurt pot!
Here are ingredients for a little cake (15cm in diameter):
(if you want to do a big one just double the quantities)
ALL INGREDIENTS SHOULD BE AT ROOM TEMPERATURE
♥ 1 pot of yogurt (125g)
♥ 3 pots (use the empty yogurt pot to measure it) of flour (250g)
♥ 3/4 pot of brown sugar (85g)
♥ 1 egg
♥ 1/2 pot of vegetable oil (rapeseed oil, grape seed oil but NOT the sunflower oil)
♥ 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
♥ orange zest from 1/2 orange
♥ 2 pears
♥ 1 tablespoon icing sugar
♥ tablespoon homemade vanilla sugar
♥ 1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Put the yogurt into a big bowl. Wash and dry the yogurt pot.
2. Using the clean and dry yogurt pot measure all ingredients (flour, sugar and oil). Add egg, baking powder, orange zest & vanilla sugar. Mix everything.
3. Transfer the batter into oven proof dish. Mine has 15cm in diameter.
You should fill it with the batter not more than 3/4 of the height (because the cake will grow).
4. Peel pears and cut them into 4 pieces. Remove seeds. Put pieces of the fruit on the top of the cake.
5. Bake at 180’C for about 45 minutes.
(In order to check if the cake is already well cooked you can stick inside a wooden toothpick. It should be dry after removing it.)
6. Mix the icing sugar with the cinnamon and sprinkle the cake. I love it still warm- just impossible to resist such a smell! 😛 Enjoy! ♥